What Is Difference Between P.P.C And O.P.C Cement
P.P.C and O.P.C are very commonly utilized cement. Presently, P.P.C is utilized like a substitute to O.P.C. As a result, the very puzzling matter is in what way to take the right selection.
Ordinary Portland cement (O.P.C) –
• O.P.C is created by mashing limestone and additional constituents to a powder. The major resources utilized for making O.P.C is gypsum, calcareous component and argillaceous component.
• The IS mark on the cement bag is in black colour.
• Setting duration is not more than P.P.C.
• Expensive than P.P.C.
• Utilization of O.P.C is suggested wherein quick speed of building is needed.
• The various O.P.C cement grades obtainable in India are: O.P.C 53 Grade, O.P.C 43 Grade and O.P.C 33 Grade.
Pozzolanic Portland cement (P.P.C) –
• P.P.C is a variety of O.P.C which comprises a combination of pozzolanic component which is recognized to raise the concrete stability and strength. The resources utilized for making of P.P.C is gypsum, O.P.C, pozzolanic components like rice husk ash, fly ash, rock and clay, pumicites and volcanic stuffs, etc.
• The IS mark on the cement bag is red colour.
• Optimal option for plaster, mass concreting and paving (masonry).
• Great strength.
• Setting time is greater than O.P.C.
• Curing time is a slight more than O.P.C. Can be utilized in each sort of building task.
• No particular cement forms are obtainable alike O.P.C.
• Price less than O.P.C.
Thank you for going through this article. Have a good day.